Friday, October 15, 2010

still waiting for internet

we are sitting in front of our front door using our neighbors internet signal. We are hooked up but not connected if you can figure that out. they do many things backwards here and we just wait until they get around to fixing things.

School is still very difficult but I like the boys and the staff I work with. I'm slowly getting my room together and getting my lesson plans together, unfortunately I haven't quite got the boys where I want them. I have to learn to let go a little and not worry about getting complete control. Many people have gone back to the states. I can understand why they might, it's a very difficult life, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel. We get furniture hopefully Monday, so at least I can come home and put my feet up and watch some mindless TV while I grade papers, that's if the cable is turned on by then.

We went to Dubai and found a pet store. We got some doggy things then shopped at IKEA for a wardrobe and end tables. We also got a rug for the living room floor and a shelf for a pantry of sorts. Wesley has cooked one meal but decided to wait on others until we actually have a place to sit down and eat. Personally, I think he likes the Arabic restaurant near here. They make great Chicken Tikka and Schawarmas.

tomorrow wewill try to pick up our translated licenses and get our UAE license. Also we are going to pick up an office chair and a mattress pad. My old bones need a little cushion.

I will try to get a few pictures on here soon. Right now, life is all about camping out, but at least we have a bed. Whoo hoo.

the dogs are doing fine,  but housebreaking has to start again until they get into a routine, or we do. One of us anyway.

We went to church this morning. Wesley seemed to like it. It was great to worship and renew. I really, really needed the reminder that there's a lot more to life than a classroom full of impossible little boys!

Can't wait to Skype with my family and friends. Be talking to you all soon.

1 comment:

  1. SO good to hear from you! You should be proud of yourself; not many could do what you're doing without losing their minds! Give yourself time and enjoy your family. Miss you! :(

    ReplyDelete