Thursday, October 21, 2010

Furniture

Here are some pictures of the apt. It's a work in progress so don't judge. :)

School continues...bout all I can say about that. Oh and the boys smell like incense sometimes. I heard that they hold the kandoras over the incense before they wear them. Or maybe they hold the boy over it? who knows.

Wesley has cooked several meals, trying out some of the local spices and meats. Of course the meats are probably not local. there's something call Zatar that they spread on bread. It's like the bread dipping spices we used to have. Last night we went out to the Golden Sheep. It was very good. Most restaurants have a big stone oven that they grill all the meats in. They're very tender and are soooo good. Then we get humus and pita bread. After dinner they serve you a little tiny glass of hot mint tea. Maybe to kill the garlic spread  that comes with the food.

I think my sinus infection is finally gone. With all the dust here it's hard to know for sure. I need to clean and mop floors.

Today is church day. I really want to go, but I feel soo lazy. I'm always glad when I do go though. It's such a blessing and a renewing for me. It helps me see that life is more than school.

Maybe once everything is settled we'll start exploring.

Wesley did play golf. He said the course was good, but since it was a new one to him it was a little harder for him to read.


 my bathroom
 our bedroom, now for the walls. wardrobe goes on the opposite wall and should be in next week.



 Finally some bulletin boards are up

 All my girls and grands

 thats the washing machine


 the usual office mess
 look sideways

relaxing on Friday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Not bad at all! Looks like it's coming together. I know what you mean about needing perspective - that life is more than school. As you know, I've been there too many times. You've got QUITE a challenge in that respect. Great pictures of your students! It looks more like a school room every time - AND the students are (almost) all seated!! Keep celebrating the baby steps (at home and at school)! You're a pro at adapting to change.

    Thanks for posting! :-) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really coming together. I like this view better than the walking view. No Chipper in these pictures though. The classroom looks really good compared to what it was.

    Relax when you can. I know it is hard with all that is going on but you do need time to regenerate!! Don't forget about taking care of you.

    Miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete