Monday, October 4, 2010

Finally up for air

Sorry the blog has been so long in updates. I have been slammed with trying to get the apt. ready for the husband and dogs, plus surviving work and doing the million things I have to do to be ready for school that I just couldn't get on. Plus, there wasn't much to write about, but now there is.

First, Happy Anniversary  to us. 25 years of marriage to the most wonderful guy in the world and he'll be here Thursday with the DOGS! whoo hoo

In the apt I now have a working stove, refrigerator, water cooler, and washing machine. I have one mattress on the floor and a big one coming on Friday I hope.

I have had to buy every single thing for the house, from cutting board and utensils to furniture. whew!
We have a dining room set, but no living room set or TV yet. I'll let Wesley help me pick that out. I did buy a microwave and toaster and a set of Corelle dishes. I don't want to get attached to anything because it will all stay when we leave.

The students are still pretty bad but I can see progress. I don't feel completely helpless all the time now. Just the last half hour of the day. Unfortunately, they just extended our day a half hour, so I guess I'll feel helpless for an hour instead. Small steps.



That's the good news, the sad news is that Wesley's brother Tommy passed away after a long illness. He won't be able to attend the funeral because he'll be on his way here.

I will probably move out of the hotel Saturday if all goes as planned. I'll miss the soft bed, cappacinos and big breakfasts, but I'll be glad to have more than one room to live in and my husband and dogs to snuggle with.

I am attaching pictures of our mountain. It's called Jebel Hafeet and I drove some friends up it to their hotel the other night. I wish I could have taken pictures on the way down. It was awesome. I wasn't even afraid and it was really high up, but since I was driving I felt more in control.

I hope you all are well. Don't forget to write or FB me.




On the way up. Those lights show the road.


The lobby has philedendron growing up the walls.
this is the view from my friend's room. it's hazy because of the dust, which is everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing pictures!

    SO,SO,SO glad Wesley and the dogs will finally be joining you. It looks like things are beginning to take better shape for your future there. Maybe Wesley will fix you that big breakfast and cappuccinos. ;-) I'm sure you'll be able to get a soft bed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful at night. I'm glad Wesley will be there soon. I know this has been a rough month for you. I'm so sorry about Tommy. 25 years, congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete