Sunday, December 26, 2010

You need the biggest mall to fight the biggest depression

I was feeling blue because of missing my family at this time of year so being the wonderful husband that he is, Wesley decided to take me to the biggest mall in Dubai, the UAE?, maybe the mideast?? Anyway, here are the pics, and yes, it worked, a little.

This bookstore is as big or bigger than Books-a Million. I bought two Dr. Seuss and Where the Sidewalk ends.

To the right is a sidewalk cafe area for different restaurants.

Only Glenn in Pennsylvania can beat this store.

Wesley getting ready for the mall walk.

Wesley in front of the tallest building in the world. Inside the mall you can buy tickets to go to the top. We weren't even tempted.

The sign clearly says Gold Souk, that way, but did he go that way??? No.

A waterfall and part of the mall.

Me outside the mall near the cafes and water.

A picture of the water show. I am hoping to download a video, so check at the bottom.

Much bigger ice rink than the Al Ain malls.

You know where I am!

Tallest building, yada, yada, yada

An indoor walkway that feels like it's outside. Very cool.

More waterfall

oh look, more waterfall

2 comments:

  1. Most impressive. I really like the sidewalk cafes and the indoor walking "street."

    I'm pretty sure we caught a glimpse of that tallest building with an awesome New Year's fireworks show. It looked like a huge Roman candle about to take off! Did you see that?

    ReplyDelete