Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Shopping in Dubai

I was very surprised to see this in the mall.
 They moved all my desks out and put in these tables so the high school teachers could use our rooms to grade exams.
Then the next day I came in and the desks were back. They had moved the tables to the Arabic teachers rooms. No one ever said why.

Beautiful buildings.

 


Possibly the reason why the allergies are so bad now.


Public bathroom. Yes you had to squat. Arabic people use a sprayer to clean off. I don't know how they dry, but I was glad I had tissues in my purse. Elaine I know you remember seeing this in Europe.
 Heidi and Tandy browsing the market.
Tired but happy. Eating Shawarma, which is like a chicken pita. Really yummy.



She's smiling here but was not loving the driving in the city.


We drove to Dubai for a day of shopping. It turned into a long, long drive and we never found the artisan market we were hoping for, but we did find the spice market and finally we were able to spend some dirhams.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. Those buildings are amazing!!

    Have to say, that desk/table thing would have gotten on my last nerve. Talk about having to be flexible!

    Looks like a fun day in Dubai - once you got there! Aren't you glad you didn't have to drive? Tandy's a trouper.

    ReplyDelete